- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Posted Date
More information about this job:
In conjunction with Marketing, identify and generate new business opportunities with targeted prospects
• Maintain close working relationships with key engineering and procurement personnel to assure a steady flow of new opportunities
• Expand contact base at existing key accounts and build long-term partnerships and trust
• Learn customer product details to uncover needs and offer expanded products and services
• Make capability presentations at targeted accounts on our value proposition in an effort to generate new opportunities
• Qualify RFQs, understand and present quoted opportunity, provide customer feedback to management
• Maintain positive relationships with company team members (engineering, quality, manufacturing, customer service) to better service customers
• Gain thorough knowledge of competitors, target markets and emerging trends. Continually improve knowledge of our business and industry via trade show attendance, trade journals, customer query and feedback, competitive activity, changing technologies and industry trends
• Prepare weekly travel itinerary, sales reports and maintain company CRM tool
• Extensive travel (+50%) is expected
The successful candidate should have relevant experience and a track record of Business Development success. The position requires demonstrated customer interface skills, strong interpersonal and relationship management abilities. We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced self-starter.
College degree or equivalent.
• Minimum of 5 years of technical sales experience within manufacturing companies that service medical, automotive, industrial and interconnect markets.
• Professional selling skills, computer skills, and technical skills are required.
• Some knowledge of molding and stamping, industrial manufacturing, marketing, and knowledge of company standard operating procedures is required.
• A rolodex of purchasing/engineering contacts within the automotive, medical device, electronic, telecommunications, semiconductor, and interconnect markets is a plus.
• The ability to read and interpret drawings for dialog with engineers.
• Be a self-starter, work independently, professionally, assertively, with excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.