- # of Openings
- Job Locations
- Posted Date
More information about this job:
Responsibility for the accurate estimation of the cost to design and fabricate complex plastic injection/insert molds and related tooling from part drawings, material specifications and other customer specifications/requirements; and the accurate estimation of the total cost to manufacture parts to be produced by the tooling, auxiliary equipment and related processes.
Review Requests for Quotation (RFQ’s) and maintain Quotation Log. Help determine the technical or commercial viability of products by comparing against W-A design and manufacturing core competencies and capabilities.
• Establish Initial Process Flowchart for quoted product that encompasses all operational processes from receipt of raw materials through shipment of the finished goods. Perform simulations when necessary to determine potential process inefficiencies and/or bottlenecks.
• Create and modify tooling and part cost estimates by use of historical data along with acquired experience to accurately forecast the costs associated with designing, fabricating, assembling and debugging complex and high-volume tooling.
• Create preliminary design files and specifications as necessary to support cost estimating activity.
• Work with mold builders to ensure design integrity and part manufacturability.
• Contact suppliers for material selection, properties, pricing and lead-times.
• Maintain integrity of the W-A Quoting and Engineering databases.Knowledge/Skills/Experience:
Minimum of 5 yrs of tool design and/or manufacturing experience including at least 2 yrs of cost estimating experience, preferably in the insert molding industry.
• 2-yr. degree in a technical or business discipline required; 4-yr degree preferred. Equivalent experience in tool design may be considered as a substitute for degree.
• Knowledge of Computer-Aided Design (CAD). At a minimum, should be familiar with at least one 2-D CAD design package (e.g. AutoCAD, SolidEdge, CadKey), however, 3-D experience preferable (e.g. Solidworks, ProENGINEER).
• Ability to read blueprints and other technical documents. Understanding of ANSI/ISO drawing standards. Knowledge of GD&T dimensioning preferable.
• Knowledge of insert molding process.
• Knowledge or MRP or ERP software preferable.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Exceptional creative, analytical and computational skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.