All times are in Eastern Daylight Time.
More information about this job:
One of our manufacturing clients is looking for a Laser Applications Engineer to get involved in all phases of development – from inception and design through development and testing to launch in manufacturing.
This individual needs to be a self starter with the ability to work productively with minimal supervision, but also have strong communication skills to work with cross functional teams. Ideal candidates will have experience with CNC Trumph or Amada Miyachi laser
- Develop solutions for laser welding, marking, engraving, thin material cutting, and material processing with a wide range of materials.
- Assist in testing for a wide range of laser welding, marking, and engraving applications submitted by our clients.
- Application development, process development, and customer training
- Undertake industrial laser application development projects using various laser sources including fiber, pulsed Nd:YAG and others.
- Process feasibility testing, process optimization, and technical support for transitioning process to manufacturing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ laser experience in the laser industry or equivalent high tech industry; experience in the laser component equipment market a plus.
- Hands-on experience with industrial laser-based materials processing.
- Knowledge of the industrial materials processing industries / markets.
- Experience with software including AutoCAD, C++, G-code, CNC programming, Galil.
- Must be proficient using word processing, database, spreadsheet, and laser marking operating systems.
- Good interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Need to be self-driven and highly results oriented, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.